Monday, May 20, 2013

Miscarriage...



Today is my husband and I's 7 year anniversary, it is also the day I had a miscarriage. I spent the early part of my day in the Hospital confirming that I have had a miscarriage at 5 weeks. It has been a very difficult day for the both of us, as well as our families who were so excited to hear that we were expecting In January~2014. I'm not sure what happened, or why the pregnancy did not work naturally and the Dr.'s sure don't know why either, (Endometriosis I'm sure being a huge part of it) but the Lord does. No matter how very painful today has been for us, as well as confusing. We know that the Lord knows what is best for our family and so we just keep moving forward. I really had it in my head that it would be a girl this time and Tallis would be the best big brother to a little sister.

Tallis had no clue as to why mommy was in a hospital bed with needles being stuck in her hand. Why mommy was crying when the Doctor told her that her pregnancy test is now coming back negative, or why daddy was very sad... But I know that one day he will understand all that we have been through just to have him in our life and what a miracle he is. and how we don't take one single day for granted with him... He will also see and know that this is what marriage is all about. Being there for one another, no matter what. And comforting your spouse through a very difficult time. 
All I could tell Justin was that I was so sorry, over and over... a woman always feels responsible for things like this even though we know in our heads that it is out of our hands. 

We are still going to move forward as planned for IVF on July~15th. I am calling the clinic tomorrow and letting them know what happened and where to go from here. Our three sweet babies are always on our minds and hearts, and I am very emotional going into this, but it needs to be done and we just have to trust in the Lord. We pray they will survive and beat all odds that are against them. We serve a Lord that is bigger than odds, and can heal and protect all things. 
We are just praying He will have mercy on our family. 
Please keep our family in your prayers... We need it. Our hearts are broken today...

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this! Praying for peace for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers. They are a blessing to our family and it helps to know that we have others praying for us. We are trying to trust in the Lord and have peace over this painful loss...

      Delete