Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tallis is 2 months old!!


I know it has been way to long, but having a newborn really does take up tons of time and energy :) Justin and I have been having so much fun with Tallis. Bath time, nap time, feeding , burping, pooping, peeing (and yes he will get you with pee if you don't cover his who-who first, LOL! ) He has gotten SO big and is smiling now and even giggles in his sleep. We love to just sit and talk to him and try to make him smile. He is fitting into his 3 month clothes now. He is already 24" long and 11 lbs! I'm breast feeding him and it took me a good 3-4 weeks just to get it down and to where it did not hurt anymore. People who say breast feeding is not suppose to hurt have never had my jaws of life baby :) No matter who you are the first time you breast feed it is going to hurt. Even more so when you get clogged ducts and nipple blips (white milk blister on the tip of your nipple). Your boobs are not use to something sucking hard on them. Even with him having the nipple at the back of his throat and a good latch, it HURT!! But now my boobs are use to it that it does not even phase me. Every woman's boobs are different sensitivity wise and shape as well as every baby is different. You just need to stick with it and don't get discouraged by others out there discouraging you, the pain does stop (Till you get another clogged duct) and the baby does learn how to breast feed properly with your help of unlatching and re-latching him properly. Just ask a friend who has been through it, your mid-wife, or a nurse. It has gotten to where I just pop him on with no help from me, he knows what to do and I did it all on my own. Moms just know what to do, it is in our nature. So don't give up, it does and will get better.
Here are some photos of our little man. He is such a joy in our life and waking up every morning is like Christmas!! Even his little cries are super cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment