Monday, January 24, 2011

20 Weeks Pregnant!!



I've made it to 20 weeks!!! He is strong, healthy, and growing more and more every day :)
At 18 weeks he was weighing in at 9 oz's so no telling where he is now: maybe 10 1/2 or 11 oz's?
He is packing a very powerful kick and my husband can feel the baby now when ever he wants. He is an active little thing and already loves to wake me up in the middle of the night with his Kung Fu kicks. His feet are at the very bottom, and his head is right under my belly button. So when he kicks, I feel him jabbing me at both ends, LOL! I'm loving my belly and very proud of it. I'm not one of those women who try to hide it. I am so blessed to have it and am soaking it up as much as I can every day!! My next appointment is Jan-31. I believe he will be checking out my cervix and measuring my uterus again, as well as listening to the baby's heartbeat. He might even go over my 18 week ultrasound. I will stay in touch till then :)
Still not sleeping very well... I wake up at 2:30-3:00 and can't get back to sleep till 5:00-5:30am. When I wake up he wakes up and starts kicking me really hard, as if he is saying, "mom... I'm trying to sleep here!" I decided to go ahead and put a room together for him, even though we will be here only for a month and a half after he is born. It is more for me than him. It is helping me get organized with his things and every time I walk in there, I think "WOW I really have a baby on the way... THAT IS SO COOL!!" I can't wait to rock him to sleep at night and kiss his little face, fingers and toes. I know it will take me a while to stop crying every time I hold him, bathe him, change him, look at him, snuggle with him... I'm not going to leave his side for a very long time! Sorry family that want to babysit, SO not going to happen ;) But you can hold and feed him from time to time :) I want to soak up every second with him, even when I'm sleep deprived: no shower and drool dropping from my chin, haha! No, really, Justin and I are so excited over him and love looking at baby things and finding cute little things in which to dress him. Once I get more put together I will take some photos for you :)
Love you all and I will keep in touch.
Laura

1 comment:

  1. That is so sweet and I'm so happy for you.

    Dawn Davenport
    Host of Creating a Family: Talk about Infertility and Adoption
    Creating a Family, a non-profit providing education and resources for Infertility and Adoption
    www.CreatingaFamily.org

    ReplyDelete