Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Dealing With a Loss...

(This is how Big the twins are)

We got the dreaded phone call on Sunday morning about the remaining three embryos... They don't look good at all, but we told them to go ahead and freeze them anyways and we will put them in next time. The chances are really low for their survival... They are just not growing (not enough cells)... Then we had to give the go ahead for them to put aside the other 3 that stopped growing on day three. They told us that they have passed away... So really the only stable ones are the two in me... Quite a blow to both of us... We cried over their little lives and not ever being able to meet them or hold them... We have loved and prayed for each and every one of them from the moment the Lord gave them life. We are praying that one day we will see them in heaven. I am trying to keep it together and to think positively about the two inside me. My tummy is HUGE right now and I pray it keeps growing for the two inside of me. I have been cramping for the past couple days; so hopefully that means the babies are moving in and getting comfy. Please pray they are doing well and thriving inside of me. Pray also for the Lord to give us peace during this time.
Christ's Love, Justin and Laura

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Laura, we just got the same news. lets just keep thinking about the two perfect babies we have growing right now. I am praying that you find peace. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about yours as well... This is such a tough process. I will be praying for you. I keep feeling little tiny pinches in my tummy, so I am prying it is a good sign...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog through Erin's blog. She posted about the baby shower.

    I am sorry for your loss. I know saying sorry doesn't make you feel any better, but I do know what you are going through. We have 20 embryo babies up in Heaven. We had 31 eggs, 29 fertilized, but only 16 made it to freezing. Our first IVF, we transferred 2 and both went to Heaven. Our time around (FET), we transferred 3 and one made it - 2 went to Heaven. In February/March we did another FET, thawed 3 and only 1 survived, so they thawed 2 more. We transferred 3, and all of them went to Heaven. I have cried and prayed for our babies up in Heaven a LOT.

    The baby that you are carrying now is such a blessing and a MIRACLE. Congratulations! We gave birth to our MIRACLE baby on May 21, 2009. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry for your loss, but what a blessing that you got pregnant and that your baby survived.
    It is such a hard thing to go through, but I know that the Lord has strengthened us through this trial. I can't wait to hold our little one in June. I know the Lord is in control of all life and the life He allows to pass from this world. Life is so precious and I cherish ever day of it, even more so with the life growing in my each and every day. Hang in there... One day you will see them again and be able to love them perfectly.

    ReplyDelete