Saturday, September 25, 2010

The BIG Day!


Okay so we went in today to do the transfer this morning. We received sad news that three of our embryos have stopped growing but they are going to leave them alone just to make sure they have passed away... Then they told us that 5 of them look good and should be fully developed blastocyst's by tonight. They said we had 30% chance of pregnancy if we do (1) but 40% if we do (2).
After the Dr. walked out, it gave us time to make a decision. I sat there and sobbed in Justin's arms over those three little lives. It broke our hearts... It hits you like a brick wall... After 5 minuets, the Dr's came back in after I got on the table. I laid there shaking with the emotions of fear, sadness and anxiety. But the Lord gave us peace and reassurance when we told the Doctor to put (2) back inside me. We did not go in there thinking we would do that, but we did. We know this is all in the Lords hands and He has opened so many doors for us. We feel so blessed to have 5 very healthy embryos. When they prepped me for transfer I was in so much pain. I have a lot going on inside me, plus a full bladder (better to have one with the transfer) did not help with the discomfort. The pressure of the speculum hurt so much but the transfer itself was not painful. I got to see it on the monitor next to my bed. I wanted to cry, but I knew that if I started I wouldn't be able to stop myself from sobbing. Just the thought of these (2) tiny little souls inside of me was so overwhelming and seeing it was just amazing. We walked in as 2 but left as 4.
Please pray this pregnancy takes and that Lord puts His hands of protection over all of us.
We feel very confident about our decision. They are going to freeze the rest tomorrow and call us Sunday early morning to let us know if there is any changes in the remaining embryos. This was our last step in this very BIG process. The Lord has been so faithful and loving during this time and so has our friends and family. Thank you all for your loving support during this very difficult time. My hormones are so high right now. I have 800mg of progesterone pumping through my veins a day. So I am feeling very anxious, sleepy, and emotional/ sensitive. Please pray the Lord gives us peace through the next two weeks.
Love, Justin and Laura

2 comments:

  1. I am so sad to hear about your 3 embabies. You are PUPO (pregnant until proven otherwise) just keep thinking about those 2 babies in you. Stick babies stick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.. I keep telling myself, this is going to work!! This is going to work!! It was one of the most emotional days of my life.. My emotions are spent and I feel so drained. But happy family is coming into town tonight. It will help take my mind off of it for a little while. Praying for you and your Monday transfer :)

    ReplyDelete